How do we define micro-influencers?
Micro-influencers are those social media personalities who have not yet reached ‘celebrity status’ or do not have a very large following and reach.
In Makrwatch, we consider YouTube creators as micro-influencers if their reach and engagement is as follows:
- They have somewhere between 5,000 and 20,000 views per video.
- Their engagement per video is above 1.5%.
- They have been active in the last 30 days, having posted at least one video on YouTube.
- They have between 1,000 subscribers and 100,000 subscribers.
Other ways of referring to micro-influencers are long-tail influencers, niche influencers or micro-niche influencers.
Why are micro-influencers important for you influencer marketing campaign?
Micro-influencers are extremely important for your influencer marketing campaigns on YouTube, because they have a highly engaged audience and have not over-populated their channel with sponsored content. Some great reasons you should consider working with YouTube micro-influencers are:
- Their audience is highly engaged with them. If your brand is relevant to the YouTube creator’s content, then it will be a perfect match and they can help bridge the gap between your brand and their audience.
- Their CPM will usually be high for their reach, because of the production costs. However, they can compensate with an extremely engaged audience.
- They have not yet worked with many brands, so it’s probable that you can find some hidden gems that can become future brand ambassadors.
- The often try to ‘over-deliver’ for new sponsors, since they are trying to get more sponsorships and create good relationships with brands. Bigger influencers will have much more restrictions.
How to find micro-influencers on YouTube?
The best way to find YouTube influencers is through Makrwatch, a specialized YouTube creator search, as it provides the following advantages:
- We have pre-screened thousands of YouTube channels to identify those which are creators from other types of channels such as brand channels, TV channels, spam channels, fan channels etc. So the results you see in Makrwatch are very high-quality, pre-screened creators.
- We have analyzed the engagement rate of every creator across all their videos published on YouTube, while eliminating outliers, so you save time finding the highest engaging micro-influencers.
- We predict how many video views YouTube creators will have on their next video. This is extremely valuable, since subscriber count does not provide a good enough metric to evaluate creators. Instead, you should look at their reach via video views and their engagement rate, which we calculate for every creator.
These and many more advantages are offered through a fast search that you can access with a free trial.
What are some examples of micro-influencers?
There are more micro-influencers in the worldacross all social media than large influencers. Here are some example of great micro-influencers that we’ve quickly found using Makrwatch’s YouTube creator search:
(Bear in mind, that by the time you are reading this post, these micro-influencers on YouTube may now be huge internet stars. That’s why you need to find them early!)
Rosalina has almost 8% engagement rate per video and around 20k views per video. You can check the real time analysis of her YouTube channel in Makrwatch here:
She has almost 6% engagement per video and around 16k views per video.
Final note on YouTube micro-influencers:
At Makrwatch, we believe that a great part of the future of influencer marketing will happen within highly targeted niches and for audiences that only micro-influencers can reach.
We’ve built an outstanding search for YouTube creators that allows you to quickly find micro-influencers for your campaigns. If you need any further help, please feel free to contact us at any time by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org